Management 3.0 – The Original 2-day Course
The new way of managing knowledge work
If companies want to embrace agility, it is not enough for them to base their work on agile methods. The entire company has to incorporate agile values and principles.
The Management 3.0 Original 2-day Course is a workshop, a course, a book and a collection of concrete practices, to inspire team members and managers to transform their organizations to be more innovative and highly productive.
Over the two days of the course, participants will experience theory and practice in small chunks, reflect on inspiring stories, work through fun games and exercises and focused group discussions. The goal of the course is to inspire participants to take action to improve their organization.
- Agile Management is the generic term for leadership and governance of creative teams in a way that is consistent with lean agile thinking. You will become acquainted with the common methods and challenges of agile management in transformations around the world, and the necessity of good management in an agile organization.
- Complexity Thinking lays the foundation for the following Management 3.0 themes. It explains why traditional linear thinking is not appropriate in today’s world and why it should be replaced by thinking in complex adaptive systems.
- Energize People explores the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation, the ten intrinsic desires and common techniques to explore what is important to people in your teams.
- Empower Teams illustrates stories on self-organization and how managers can create the conditions for successful, self-organized teams. You will learn how to create empowerment and autonomy, distribute effective authorization and decision-making in the organization and grow relationships based on trust. Concrete practices discussed include delegation poker and delegation boards.
- Align Constraints revolves around setting goals and a sense of purpose that channels self-organization in the desired direction. You will learn when to manage and when to lead, the criteria to set inspiring goals, and the challenges of management by objectives.
- Develop Competence explains how and when to apply the seven approaches of competence development in order to grow high performing teams. Measuring competence in complex adaptive environments as well as recruitment best practices are discussed.
- Grow Structure illustrates how organizational structures can be catalysts or barriers to growth. This session helps the manager to develop the best organizational structure to facilitate communication and to find the best mix of teams between specialization and generalization.
- Change Management gives valuable suggestions on how we can drive continuous improvement of the organization as a change agent. Four facets of change management are illustrated and practiced to help the participants become change agents in a complex environment.
You have a unique opportunity to experience this original content, network with like-minded, thought leader organizations, as well as to take an opportunity to practice and become a Management 3.0 facilitator yourself!
All participants will receive materials of the course exercises, an official certificate of course completion and a copy of the book How to Change The World by the author Jurgen Appelo.
Visited 333 times, 1 Visit today